Pool Water’s Color Will be Dependent on the Right Interior Pool Finish and Your Surroundings!
While pool interior finish formulas are very accurate and consistent, the color of your pool’s water will be uniquely yours (different surroundings and lighting will give different results to the color of your pool’s water). The secret to having beautiful pool water is to know the difference and selecting the right interior pool finish for you.
How do you know what interior pool finish is right for you?
I am glad you asked! Since your pool water will mirror it’s surroundings, many other factors will impact water color, such as:
- The design, shape, and depth of your pool
- The time of the day and position of the sun
- Whether the sky is sunny, stormy, or overcast
- Your region of the country
- The chemistry of your water
- Trees, bushes, and other foliage around your pool
- Color in your home’s exterior
First, decide whether you would like the water in your pool to appear blue or green.
For water that looks primarily blue, select a pool finish with white, blue or gray pigment. For water that appears green, look for green, tan, brown or black pigment.
The darker your pool finish, the darker your pool water will be. The deeper the water, the darker it will appear. Water will seem lighter in shallower areas like steps, ledges, benches, and beach entries where the pool finish itself is more visible.
Texture, Endurance & Beauty
When selecting your pool interior finish, the texture should be considered in addition to the color. Quartz, Pebbles and Glass Beads can add beauty, dimension, strength, and durability to your pool finish
- For the most popular, long-lasting, very smooth and cost effective option for interior finishes, look no further than StoneScapes® Mini-Pebble finishes. (10 year or Lifetime Warranty)
- For the beauty and endurance of a smooth quartz finish, see QuartzScapes® interior pool finishes. (5 year or 7 year Warranty)
- For the sensation of swimming in a pool of rare gems, JewelScapes® glass may be the pool finish for you. (5 year or 10 year Warranty)
Let’s see how we can help you get started with your Dream Backyard today!